The Texas Aggie Band Association invites the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Class of 2013 to a reunion on Saturday, May 9th, 2015 after the conclusion of Final Review. Food and non-alcoholic drinks will be provided by the Texas Aggie Band Association and a cash bar will be available. Follow the link below for more information and to let us know if you will be attending.
We are excited to announce that LTC Edward V. Adams '29, director of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band from 1946 to 1973, has been selected as one of the recipients for the 2015 Distinguished Alumnus Award. The Distinguished Alumnus Award is the highest honor bestowed upon a former student of Texas A&M University. The Association of Former Students recently began revealing the identities of this year's award winners and Colonel Adams was the first one announced.
Col. Adams will be recognized by the Association of Former Students during the Distinguished Alumni Gala to be held Friday, October 2, 2015 at Reed Arena on the Texas A&M campus. Click here to read more about Colonel Adams and the support provided by many former Bandsmen to nominate and have Colonel Adams recognized with this prestigious award.
- The President's Flag for Best Overall Major Unit - Combined Band
- The General George F. Moore Award for Most Outstanding Unit in the Corps - A Battery
- The J.J. Sanchez Award for Recruiting & Retention - B Company
Click here to view pictures from the awards ceremony.
The Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Drum Majors for the 2015-2016 school year have been announced. They are:
- Head Drum Major: Timothy Cummins ’16 (B Company), Whitehouse, Texas
- Artillery Band Drum Major: Matt McClure ’16 (A Battery), San Antonio, Texas
- Infantry Band Drum Major: Hayden Perry ’16 (A Company), Gunter, Texas
Click above to view the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band's halftime performance at the Liberty Bowl game on December 29, 2014.